Auto Repair Certifications
Central Automotive has received a number of awards for everything from service excellence to their care for the environment.
We are proud to display these achievements because we think they show our level of commitment to good customer relations.
Central Automotive is American Automobile Association (AAA) approved. In order for an auto repair facility to be AAA approved, the shop must conform to a strict set of standards set by AAA. For a complete list of the stringent standards, Click here.
Here is a quote from the AAA website:
- Clean, safe and comfortable customer facilities are required.
- Visible identification must be worn by all reception staff.
- All service staff must be qualified, courteous and efficient.
- The facility must receive a favorable response of 90% or better in each rating category of the AAA Auto Repair Service Questionnaire returned by the facility's customers.
- The facility must be clean, tidy and attractive inside and out.
- The facility must have a National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified mechanic or equivalent for each area of service which the facility offers.
- A garage supervisor must be available during all hours of service operation for member contact and quality control purposes.
- The facility must have an effective quality control program in existence.
- The facility must have a formal training system for keeping employees up-to-date on new automotive systems.
- The facility must have technically competent service reception personnel who are trained to advise customers regarding repairs and service.
Staff qualifications and training
ASE Blue Shield Certified
Central Automotive is an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified shop. ASE certification isn't just given out to every automotive shop - there are specific requirements that a service center must comply with.
Here is a quote from the ASE website:
It doesn't matter who you are or what kind of vehicle you drive, sooner or later you'll have to take the vehicle in for service or repairs, and you want the job done right. But how do you find a good repair shop? Turn to the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and its unique program designed to recognize automotive repair establishments—the Blue Seal of Excellence Recognition Program.
The backbone of any shop is the competence of its technicians. ASE is well known as the industry-leading certification program for automotive professionals. ASE certification means that an individual has passed tough industry-developed exams and meets experience requirements. ASE Blue Seal of Excellence Recognition goes a step further by identifying those establishments that have a large percentage of certified professionals and a certified professional in each area of service offered. It's a commitment that earns only the best establishments the recognition to stand out from the crowd.
To qualify as a Blue Seal establishment, a repair business must meet the following criteria:
- At least 75% of technicians must be ASE-certified.
- At least one technician must be ASE-certified in each area of service offered by the business.
- To ensure that professional certification credentials remain current, ASE reviews the status of each establishment annually.
Central Automotive has been Certified by Automotive Service Councils of California (ASCCA - Formerly ASC). ASCCA Certification requires that the shop maintain a high level of ethics and is reviewed by ASCCA to make sure the shop is in compliance.
Here is a quote from the ASCCA website:
THE ASCCA CODE OF ETHICS
- To promote good will between the motorist and the industry.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer.
- To perform high quality repair service at a fair and just price.
- To employ the best skilled personnel obtainable.
- To use only proven merchandise of high quality distributed by reputable firms.
- To itemize all parts and adjustments in the price charged for the service rendered.
- To retain all parts replaced for customer inspection, if so requested.
- To uphold the high standards of our profession and always seek to correct any and all abuses within the automotive industry.
- To uphold the integrity of all members.
- To refrain from advertisement which is false or misleading and likely to confuse or deceive the customer.
State of California Smog Certified
Central Automotive has been certified by the State of California as a Smog Test and Repair Station. In order to become a smog test location, a company must have certified smog technicians as well as the proper equipment.
More reading on Smog and smog stations at the State of California Smog Website:
Being a smog inspection and repair station does more for us than allowing us to smog your vehicle - It also allows to use the smog equipment to test the emissions of your vehicle and get a better idea as to running condition should that be the best course of action.
We Smog vehicles as part of the State of California process, in preparation for sale, and to help keep the environment clean!.
Bay Area Green Business Program Partner
Central Automotive has become partners with the Bay Area Green Business Program. A Green Business is recognized as an environmental leader, strengthens its bottom line through operating efficiencies, improves employee morale & the health of the workplace, and holds a marketing edge over the competition.
Here is a quote from the Bay Area Green Business Program website:
The Bay Area Green Business Program verifies that businesses meet higher standards of environmental performance. Our partnership of government agencies and utilities helps local businesses comply with all environmental regulations and take actions to conserve resources, prevent pollution, and minimize waste. We offer motivated businesses and agencies an easy-to-use framework for improving environmental performance.
Connect With Us
Central Automotive Service Center
1425 Autocenter Drive
Walnut Creek, California 94597